National Zoological Park
The National Zoo in Washington D.C.Located less than a mile from The Normandy Hotel and nestled on 163 acres in Rock Creek National Park, the National Zoo is a destination for animal lovers of all ages. Come face to face with over 2,000 animals representing 400 species, including wild cats, sea lions, fascinating reptiles and birds, and the ever-popular giant pandas from China. The National Zoo is part of the Smithsonian Institution.
HOURS -April-October: Daily 10a.m.-6p.m.; November-March: Daily 10a.m. to 4:30p.m.
PRICES -Admission is free.
Best Exhibits -Great Cats, Asia Trail, American Trail, Amazonia, and the Bird House
- Attend an animal training or zookeeper talk
- Take a ride on the Speedwell Conservation Carousel
- Step into the barn at the Kid's Farm
- Marvel at the orangutans on the O Line
- Arrive early to see the ever-popular giant pandas
Map/DirectionsDriving Direction to National Zoological Park
Distance from attraction: 0.87 miles
Why Stay at The Normandy Hotel?
- Located less than one mile from the National Zoo
- Breakfast available
- Afternoon coffee & tea
- 75 boutique rooms near Dupont Circle